We meet at Helsby Community Centre, Lower Robin Hood Lane, Helsby, Cheshire, WA6 0BU. There is a car park on site but the community centre shares this with the library and health centre (please don’t park in the car park for the apartments next door).
In January, March, May, July, September and November we meet from 10.00 am to 3.30 pm on the 2nd Saturday when we usually welcome a speaker and often a supplier.
In February, April, June, October and December we meet from 10.30 am to 3.00 pm on the 2nd Friday when we make lace, share ideas and chat There is usually no meeting in August.
The remaining meetings for 2023 are:
- Saturday 4th November (change to 1st Saturday of the month due to Pudsey Lace Fair being on 2nd Saturday) – Speaker and supplier: Eddy Faber on “The life story of a bobbin”
- Friday 8th December – Lace and chat
Our 2024 meetings are:
- Saturday 13th January – Speaker Fiona Smithson on “Curiosity Corner”, Members sales table
- Friday 9th February – Lace and chat with Members sales table
- Saturday 9th March – Speaker: Shiralee Baxter on “History of Beading”, Supplier: Mainly Lace
- Friday 12th April – Lace and chat with Members sales table
- Saturday 11th May – AGM, Speaker: Jayne Shepherd “Lacemaking – a 30 year shared journey”. No supplier, time to celebrate! This will be our 40th anniversary meeting as a result our AGM competition is Ruby or 40th (so options for those we don’t do red etc)
- Friday 14th June – Lace and chat with Members sales table
- Saturday 13th July Speaker: Gwynedd Roberts on “The Tebbs Sisters”, Supplier: Patchwwork Gallery
- Saturday 14th September – Speaker: Rosemary Green on “A Lakermakers Journey”, Supplier: Roseground
- Friday 11th October – Lace and chat with Members sales table
- Saturday 9th November – Speaker: Tina Saunders on “An Embroiderer’s Tale”, Supplier: Eddy Faber
- Friday 13th December – Lace and chat with Members sales table
Please bring your own mug, we will provide the tea, coffee and, of course, biscuits. Members will need to take all rubbish home with them.
We have an area were members can share what they have made since they last visited (we are looking forward to a very full display of your lockdown work very soon). Lies, our Librarian, will also have a selection of our library of books on display to tempt you, please make sure all borrowings are recorded before you borrow a book.
We always have a raffle at meetings. Our raffle queen, Muriel, will visit all tables with tickets which are 50p each. Muriel is always looking for good quality contributions to our raffles (no tat please … although tatting is ok).
Non NCLG members are very welcome to join us at any of our meetings.