We meet at Helsby Community Centre, Lower Robin Hood Lane, Helsby, Cheshire, WA6 0BU. There is a car park on site but the community centre shares this with the library and health centre (please don’t park in the car park for the apartments next door).
In January, March, May, July, September and November we meet from 10.00 am to 3.30 pm on the 2nd Saturday when we usually welcome a speaker and often a supplier.
In February, April, June, October and December we meet from 10.30 am to 3.00 pm on the 2nd Friday when we make lace, share ideas and chat There is usually no meeting in August.
Our meetings for 2022 (subject to any future Covid restrictions) are:
- Saturday 8th January – Supplier and Speaker Helen Jordan. Helen’s talk will be on Mindfulness and crochet, lacemaking and similar ‘slow crafts’
- Friday 11th February – Lace and chat
- Saturday 12th March – Speaker TBA, Supplier Eddy Faber
- Friday 8th April – Lace and chat
- Saturday 14th May – TBA, AGM, the AGM competition theme is Flowers
- Friday 10th June – Lace and chat
- Saturday 9th July – TBA
- Saturday 10th September – TBA
- Friday 14th October – Lace and chat
- Saturday 12th November – TBA
- Friday 9th December – Lace and chat
The kitchen at Helsby is currently operating at limited capacity, please bring your own mug, we will provide the tea, coffee and, of course, biscuits. Members will need to take all rubbish home with them
We have an area were members can share what they have made since they last visited (we are looking forward to a very full display of your lockdown work very soon). Ann, our Librarian, will also have the our library of books on display to tempt you, please make sure all borrowings are recorded before you borrow a book.
We always have a raffle at meetings. Our raffle queen, Muriel, will visit all tables with tickets which are 50p each. Muriel is always looking for good quality contributions to our raffles (no tat please … although tatting is ok)
Jayne, our new Programme Secretary, is currently working through the details to confirm our programme for the 2022, we will include details here as soon as they are available.
Non NCLG members are very welcome to join us at any of our meetings